Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with all the juicy, crispy, crunchy, salty, loveable flavors. And don’t even get me started on the warm bacon vinaigrette with the most gentle touch of chipotle. Healthy summer salads never looked so good.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 10 ounces baby greens
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, sliced
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rendered bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the paprika, chili powder, and sea salt. Grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Slice into strips.
- Fill a pot half full with water and bring it to a boil then reduce the temperature so the water simmers. Add the eggs and let them cook for 7 minutes (no more!) then remove them and put them in a bowl of ice water. When they’re cool, peel and cut them in half.
- While the water is heating up, cook the bacon until crispy then remove it from the pan and break it into big chunks.
- Pour all but 1/4 cup of the bacon fat out of the pan. Whisk in the sherry vinegar, adobo sauce, dijon, and lime juice. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking briskly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the greens, tomatoes, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, and BBQ chicken on a platter or in a salad bowl and pour the bacon vinaigrette over the top.
To make the best use of your time, arrange the salad greens, tomatoes, and avocado on the platter or in the salad bowl while the eggs are simmering and the bacon is cooking.