This insanely delicious Grilled Broccoli Caesar Salad is fun and summery take on our fav salad recipe. The broccoli is wrapped in salty prosciutto that turns crispy when grilled. The dressing is an easy to make and lightened up (read: healthy!) version made with yogurt. You will LOVE this!
- 3 medium heads of broccoli with stems
- 200 grams prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed bread (I like to pull small pieces from a loaf with my hands)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Yogurt Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 anchovy, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the broccoli into pieces, keeping the stems long. Wrap one piece of prosciutto around each stem, squeezing a little once it’s wrapped so it sticks together well. It’s ok if a few of the pieces aren’t wrapped. Drizzle the broccoli tops with 2 teaspoons of the oil
- Place the cubed bread in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with the remaining teaspoon of oil and the salt and toss to coat.
- Oil your grill and preheat to high. While the grill is heating, mix all the Yogurt Caesar Dressing ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill the bread until grill marks appear on all sides. Lower the heat to medium-high and add the prosciutto wrapped broccoli. Grill, turning a few times, until the prosciutto is crispy, the broccoli is tender, and there are a few grill marks on the broccoli tops, about 7-8 minutes.
- Plate the grilled broccoli and drizzle with the dressing. Top with the croutons and some extra parmesan cheese.
The amount of oil in the recipe is conservative. Feel free to drizzle the croutons and broccoli liberally with oil. Just don’t use less than what the recipe calls for!
If you don’t have a BBQ, you can roast the broccoli in your oven for about 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.