Green Goddess Pasta Bowls are a healthy and delicious main dish recipe. It’s made with a pesto-like sauce, roasted green veggies and pasta of your choice. Choose your favorite protein to make this a paleo or vegan-friendly meal.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pasta, your choice (see notes)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Your choice of protein (see notes)
- Cherry tomatoes, sesame seeds, and black pepper, to serve
Green Goddess Pesto:
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli and asparagus on the baking sheet, drizzle the olive oil over top and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt. Place the broccoli and asparagus in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until cooked through and starting to brown.
- While the broccoli is roasting, make the green goddess pesto. Place all the pesto ingredients in your blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste and salt as needed.
- Put a pot of well-salted water on to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen peas to the pot. Reserve 2 cups of the pasta water and drain the rest. Place the pasta back into the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, sear your protein on medium-high heat in a lightly oiled pan until cooked.
- Pour the pesto over the pasta and toss. Add the roasted veggies to the pot and toss again. Plate the pasta and top with the seared protein.
Use zucchini noodles to keep this recipe paleo. Add the zucchini noodles and peas to a pot of boiling water and blanch for 1 minute.
You can use tofu, fish, chicken, or steak, depending on your diet and preference.