This easy to make green gazpacho is made from super ripe (aka: ugly) green tomatoes and is so light and refreshing. It’s also naturally vegan + paleo!
- 3 lb green tomatoes, chopped – I like Green Zebras (do NOT use unripe tomatoes!)
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or sub sherry vinegar)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- For garnish: olive oil, micro greens, parsley, edible flowers, black pepper
- Optional: yogurt (omit for vegan)
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion, parsley and garlic. Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt and, using your hands, mix everything together well. Set the bowl aside on your counter for 1/2 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Add the vegetable broth, olive oil, white balsamic and lime juice to the bowl with the veggies. Working in batches puree the soup until it is quite smooth. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Either serve immediately with some or all of the garnishes, or transfer the soup to large jars and chill it in your fridge for up to 3 days.