This Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart with Rosemary and Mascarpone is an easy to make recipe that should be on everyone’s summer menu.
- 1 homemade or store-bought pie crust
- 5–6 medium tomatoes, sliced thick and squeezed gently to remove most of the pulp and seeds
- 1/2 cup each: goat cheese and mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9″ pie pan with the pie crust. Let the edges drape down the outside of the pie pan a little for a more rustic look. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust.
- In a small bowl mix goat cheese, mascarpone, rosemary, sea salt, and lemon zest. Spread this over the bottom of the pie.
- Layer the tomato slices over the cheese mixture until the pie is completely full. Sprinkle with a little sea salt on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until crust is light brown and tomatoes are soft. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.