These gluten free peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and utterly delicious. They are a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe made with only six ingredients. You won’t find a better peanut butter cookie around!
- 1 cup salted, natural peanut butter (see notes)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- Optional: ⅓ cup EACH: chopped peanuts and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Use electric beaters to mix them together.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, and egg and beat until the dough comes together. Do not overmix. If using, stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) to portion out 18 balls. Divide them between two cookie sheets then press them down gently with your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms just start to brown. Let them cook for 10 minutes on the cook sheets before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you don’t have salted peanut butter, add ¼ teaspoon of salt.