These Gluten Free Macaroons with raspberry chia seed jam are super delicious and vegan at the same time.
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 batch of Raspberry Chia Seed Jam (half or quarter the recipe if you want; you will have lots of leftovers)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, corn starch and salt in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the coconut mixture into 16 mounds on the prepared baking tray. The mixture with be wet and won’t stick together. Create a small indent in the top of each mound so they look like little nests.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Remove from the baking tray using an off set spatula. Top each with a spoonful of jam.
Recipe time does not include time to make the jam.