Gluten Free Chorizo, Sweet Potato and Swiss Chard Wrap
This delicious Swiss Chard Wrap is stuffed full of tasty chorizo and sweet potatoes. It's a healthy and gluten-free lunch that everyone will LOVE!
| gluten-free + paleo |
This really wasn't intended to be one of those ‘healthy' posts, but sometimes healthy really does taste good. It's also good to switch it up a little. You know, try new things, branch out, just not reach for the same old yummy but getting kinda boring thing. Ya, that.
Oh and there just might have been zero tortillas left in my pantry which forced me to look in my fridge and, you know, not be so boring. Love it when that happens AND when what comes out of it actually kind of rocks. Like these guys, these gluten free wraps with spicy chorizo and yummy sweet potatoes, yuuuummmm!
Here's the truth: I like chorizo and sweet potatoes wrapped in Swiss chard leaves even better than I like them wrapped in a regular ol' flour tortilla. Who would have ever thought?! I like the extra crunch they have and they seem to somehow not take up so much room so that the flavor of the chorizo and sweet potatoes really comes through.
I will admit that they are a little more difficult to eat than if you had wrapped them in a regular tortilla, but I think it is definitely worth it. The past few weeks I've been scheming up other combinations of yummy things to wrap in leaves … stay tuned!
Healthy gluten-free lunch recipes:
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- Saucy Peanut Chicken with Broccoli and Peppers
- Black Chickpea Curry
- Warm Caprese Pesto Pasta
- Curried Chicken Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Tuna Po' Boy Salad Bowls
- 1 small sweet potato or yam (or a combination), cubed (about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped chorizo
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Optional: ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 medium Swiss chard leaf
- Sour cream, to taste
- Place the sweet potato cubes over high heat and cover with water. Boil until the sweet potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the garlic and optional chili flakes and cook for 1 more minute.
- Place the sweet potato and the chorizo in the centre of the Swiss chard leaf and top with sour cream. Roll into a burrito or wrap. Enjoy!