This orange ginger cranberry sauce makes the perfect side to your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey dinner. It’s easy to make, and everyone will LOVE it!
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 – 12-ounce bag)
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar (can sub coconut sugar for paleo)
- 6 tablespoons grated ginger
- The zest and juice from two large oranges
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized pot over high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. When the cranberries begin to break down, use the back of a wooden spoon to crush them.
- Simmering the cranberry sauce for 10 more minutes, or until it is slightly reduced. Note: the cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the cranberry sauce to cool before transferring it to a jar.
Can easily be canned to enjoy later in the year.