Garlic butter rice is an easy to make and incredibly delicious side dish. The buttery, garlicky rice topped with crispy garlic is sure to be a winner in your house.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star review in the comments!
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice
- 2 ¼ cups broth or water
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Sliced green onions, to serve
- Cut half of the garlic cloves into thin slices. Mince the other half of the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, until it’s golden. Reduce the heat if the butter begins to brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from the pot.
- Add the minced garlic to the pot and let it cook for 1 minute. Add the basmati rice, broth, salt, and pepper and stir the pot. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork then serve topped with the cooked sliced garlic and some green onions.