Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp are the best shrimp appetizer for a party! They are easy to prep ahead of time and cook in only 5 minutes. Serve them with a simple garlic lemon mayo. They’re delicious!
Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp
- 2 lbs. tail-on shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into thick slices (zest the lemon first and reserve one slice for the mayo)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Minced parsley and extra pepper, to garnish
Garlic Lemon Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (use the one slice of lemon you set aside)
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- Pinch of salt
- Dry the shrimp with some paper towel and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Add the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate while you make the mayonnaise and heat your oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic lemon mayonnaise ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to broil. Place a baking rack at the very top of your oven.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. Add the lemon slices to the pan.
- Broil the shrimp for 5 minutes (no more!) then remove them from the oven and immediately add the butter to the tray. Let it melt then squeeze the warm lemon slices over top. Sprinkle with some parsley and extra pepper and move them to a serving plate. Serve with the dipping sauce on the side.
To prep these ahead of time, toss the shrimp in the marinade then lay them (and the sliced lemon) on a baking sheet. Cover the sheet and pop it into your fridge. Make the mayo and keep it covered in your fridge until serving. When you’re ready to serve them, uncover the shrimp and broil them for 5 minutes.