These crazy delicious Garlic Bacon Mushrooms are the ultimate side dish. They’re easy enough to make as a weeknight side yet tasty enough to serve at a special dinner.
- 1/2 lb. thick cut bacon
- 2 lbs mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the bacon to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Let it cook until the fat releases and it is cooked but not crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and turn the heat to high. Let the mushrooms cook until their liquid has evaporated, about 6-7 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-high. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic to the pan and let it cook for about 1 minute. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.