These fresh spring rolls are quick and easy to make and so delicious. Filled with hummus, pad Thai noodles, and your favorite veggies, they make an ideal appetizer or healthy lunch. Serve them with an addictive spicy tahini dip. You’ll love them!
- 8 sheets rice paper (spring roll wrappers)
- ½ cup Summer Fresh Avocado Hummus ( their edamame hummus works well, too)
- Summer Fresh Pad Thai Salad (300-gram container)
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks or sliced into strips
- 2 (mini) cucumbers, thinly sliced or sliced into strips with a julienne peeler
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup Summer Fresh Spicy Hummus
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Fill a small, shallow container (big enough to fit the rice paper wrappers) with hot tap water. Place one sheet of rice paper in the water and let it soak for 15-20 seconds, until it is soft and pliable. Remove it from the water and lay it on a clean surface.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the Summer Fresh Avocado Hummus along the top third of the wrapper. Top with a scoop of Summer Fresh Pad Thai Salad, and a little of the lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, and cilantro.
- Fold the short edge of the wrapper over the fillings then fold in the sides and roll up like a burrito. Cut the spring roll in half and place it on a serving tray. Repeat with the remaining spring rolls.
Spicy Tahini Hummus Dip
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hummus, tahini, tamari, and maple syrup. Whisk in 1-2 tablespoons of cold water until creamy.
For a non-vegetarian option, add a few cooked shrimp to each spring roll.