Fresh Cherry Salad is the best way to make the most out of cherry season. Sweet cherries, peppery arugula, spicy candied pecans and either goat cheese or avocado are tossed in an easy to make fresh cherry vinaigrette. It’s delicious!
Candied Pepper Pecans
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
Fresh Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup fresh BC pitted cherries, packed
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or another neutral flavored oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- A pinch of sea salt
Arugula and Fresh Cherry Salad
- 10 ounces baby arugula
- 2 cups pitted BC cherries, cut in half
- 2 ounces goat cheese (sub a diced avocado for paleo and vegan)
- Toast the pecans in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Once they begin to brown and smell fragrant, add the maple syrup and black pepper to the pan and stir until the pan is mostly dry. Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter and mix it through the pecans. (The butter prevents them from being too sticky.) Transfer the pecans to a piece of parchment paper in a single layer and let them cool.
- Place the Fresh Cherry Vinaigrette ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth. Feel free to double or triple the recipe to have extra!
- Add the baby arugula, fresh cherries, goat cheese or avocado, and the candied pecans to a large salad bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss to coat.