Fizzy Lime Margaritas are bubbly, refreshing, and perfect for afternoon sipping. Make one and relax on the patio or make a pitcher to share with friends. ¡Salud!
- 2-ounces tequila
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Soda water, to taste (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Stir the lime zest into the salt then place the lime salt on a plate. Wet the rim of a glass with a cut piece of lime then roll the wet edge of the glass through the lime salt.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, and agave over ice in a cocktail shaker or mason jar and shake well.
- Pour your margarita into the rimmed glass and top with soda water.
Any bubbly water works in this recipe. I usually opt for Pellegrino or club soda.
To make this for a party, add 2 cups of tequila, 1 cup of lime juice, and 1/3 cup of agave to a large pitcher with ice. Stir until the agave dissolves then top with soda water.