This crazy delicious Fine Garlic Sausage and Peppers recipe is an updated and healthy version of an easy to make family favorite. Grimm’s Garlic Sausage is pan-fried with lots of peppers, onions, and tomatoes then served over zoodles. You could easily serve the sauce over spaghetti, rice, or cauliflower rice to switch things up.
| gluten-free + dairy-free + paleo |
- 4 medium zucchinis, spiralized or cut with a julienne peeler
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 – 375-gram package of Grimm’s Fine Foods Fine Garlic Sausage, sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place the zoodles in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over top. Mix them around a little then set them aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Grimm’s Fine Foods Fine Garlic Sausage and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan and increase the heat to high.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil, the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, paprika, oregano, and chili flakes to the pan and cook until the tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage back into the pan and season with salt, if needed.
- Rinse the zoodles well under warm tap water. You want to remove all the salt. Ring the zoodles dry with your hands then add them to the pan. Toss and heat through before serving.