Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken is a super easy to make and healthy weeknight dinner recipe. The faux honey mustard sauce is made with dates rather than honey so it contains no added sweeteners and is Whole30 compliant. It’s a delicious sheet pan recipe!
Faux Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (Whole30 compliant)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/3 cup water
- A pinch of sea salt
Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken
- 3 red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- Turn your oven to 425 degrees. Place the dates in a bowl and cover them with hot tap water.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and place them on a baking sheet. Put the potatoes into the oven.
- Drain the water from the dates and put them into your blender with the rest of the Faux Honey Mustard Sauce ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Toss the carrots, broccoli, and red onion with the remaining teaspoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Once the potatoes have been in the oven for 10 minutes, add the chicken and veggies tossed in oil. Coat both sides of the chicken with half the Faux Honey Mustard Sauce and put the pan back into the oven.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, add the tomatoes to the pan, and coat the top of the chicken with the remaining sauce. Cook for 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are soft.