This everyday Easy Pesto Recipe is the only pesto recipe you need. It’s delicious on pasta, sandwiches, or even by the spoonful. Once you learn how to make this basic basil pesto recipe, you’ll have the skills you need to get creative with your pesto.
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- Juice from one lemon
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a small food processor or blender and blend until mostly smooth.
- Serve over pasta, on sandwiches, as a dip.
This recipe makes enough pesto to generously cover pasta for 4 people.
I’ve put this Easy Pesto Recipe into both the vegan and paleo categories. In both cases, omit the parmesan or replace it with a little nutritional yeast. See the blog post for more ideas on how to get creative with your pesto!