Egg Sausage Breakfast Muffins are an easy to make and healthy way to start your day. Make a batch on the weekend then take one to go on your way out the door on busy weekday mornings.
| gluten-free + low-carb + paleo |
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 green pepper, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb. breakfast sausages, removed from casings
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar (or 1/4 cup nutritional yeast for paleo/ dairy-free)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add the sausages and cook through. Mix in the chili powder, oregano, and pepper then season to taste with salt.
- Add the cooked sausage, eggs, almond flour, baking soda, green onions, and the cheese or nutritional yeast to a bowl and mix well.
- Drop the batter by the 1/4 cup onto the parchment lined baking sheets. The muffins don’t spread much so you can place them fairly close together. Bake for 15 minutes then remove them from the oven.
If you’re storing them, let the muffins cool then place them in a resealable plastic bag or container and keep them in your fridge for up to 4 days.