Easy Turkey Chili is a hearty and delicious weeknight dinner recipe. It’s made with healthy ground turkey, kidney beans, and tasty chili spices. It’s a guaranteed winner!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 lb extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (or more if you like it really spicy)
- 1 – 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 – 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add the onion. Mince the peppers, celery, and garlic and add them as you finish cutting them. Once the onion starts to brown, about 7-8 minutes, add the turkey and let it cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and (if using) the chili flakes. Stir the spices and break up the turkey meat into small pieces.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot and bring the pot to a boil. Turn the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and let them warm through. Add the coconut sugar or honey then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tasty toppings: sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions, sliced jalapeños, corn chips.