Easy Marinated Olives from Spain is a delicious, healthy, and super simple to make tapas recipe. Gently flavored with garlic and lemon, this appetizer will be a hit!
- 2 cups Gordal Olives from Spain
- 1 cup Marcona almonds (see notes)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- a pinch of sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to a small pot over medium heat. When the oil starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low. Continue to simmer the olives for 10 minutes, stirring the pot occasionally.
- Strain the olives and almonds through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve the oil to cook with or to serve as a dipping oil for some bread.
Marcona almonds are not widely available and can be pricey. Blanched almonds make a good substitute in this recipe.
Olives from Spain are available in pots, under vacuum or in bulk in grocery stores, as well as in most independent grocery stores. Check the provenance to make sure of the origin of the product!