This easy hummus recipe is truly a favorite. We start by boiling canned chickpeas until they’re super soft which makes the most luscious and creamy hummus ever. This hummus recipe is met by rave reviews every time. You’ll love it!
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2–3 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Pour the chickpeas and the liquid in the cans into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Continue to boil for 15 mintues, adding water if the pot looks too dry. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the soft chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin, and garlic to a food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in about a 1/2 cup of water. You may not need all of it. Once the hummus is super creamy, it’s ready to eat.
Olive oil, paprika, and a few chickpeas make a pretty garnish.