This is our family’s go-to spaghetti sauce recipe. It’s very easy to make and tastes like it’s been simmering for hours even though it only takes just over 30 minutes to make. We have a few tips on how to make this quick spaghetti sauce the best ever. With some ground beef and a few pantry staple ingredients, you can have a delicious dinner on your table in no time!
✨ If you love this easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, very finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 5.5-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until it is well caramelized, about 10 minutes more. Add the garlic and stir then push everything to the side of the pot.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot and let it cook until it darkens and becomes sweet smelling, about 3-4 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning and bring the pot to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.