Drunken Red Wine Spaghetti is pasta cooked in red wine so it soaks up the pretty color and the natural sweetness and flavor of the wine. It’s a super easy dinner recipe yet impressive enough for a special meal.
- 1 – 750ml bottle dry red wine
- 2 cups water
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 5-ounce spicy chorizo sausage, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 10 stalks black kale, removed from stem and chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, plus extra for serving
- Place the wine and 2 cups of water in a large pot over high heat. When it boils, add the spaghetti and stir it frequently for the first couple of minutes to prevent it from sticking together in the small amount of liquid. Cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes total. Remove 2 cups of the pasta liquid and reserve. Drain the rest.
- While the pasta water is heating and the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the dish. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until transparent, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chorizo to the pan and saute for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add the tomato paste and let it caramelize for 2 minutes. Add the kale and sea salt and let the kale wilt for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and the parmesan to the pan and toss to coat. Add enough pasta water to loosen the pasta.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and some fresh cracked black pepper. And a big glass of red wine, of course!