This rich, creamy, and totally dreamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce recipe is 100% dairy-free. You’ll be amazed at how delicious vegan can be!
| vegan + paleo + Whole30 approved |
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1–2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1–2 teaspoons sea salt (I like 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (sub coco aminos for paleo)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon butter (vegan or regular butter both work, use what you have on hand)
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and the vegetable stock or water to the pot, cover with a lid and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender (I love my Vitamix, but any blender will work) and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and 1 teaspoon of sea salt) and blend again. Taste and add more nutritional yeast and sea salt, if you’d like. If you are using the optional butter add it now and blend once more.
- Either use the Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo right away or pour it into a pan to keep warm until you are ready to use it.
Nutritional yeast can be bought from some major grocery stores, and most health food stores. You can also purchase it online through Amazon.
If the alfredo is too thick (this can happen if you’re blending it with a regular blender) simply add a little extra water or stock.