Dark Chocolate Rhubarb Brownies are easy to make and delicious. Even though you don’t taste the rhubarb, it makes these brownies super moist. You will love this brownie recipe!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced small
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly butter the top.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix them until they are just incorporated. Add the rhubarb, chocolate chips and pecans or walnuts and mix until they are combined. The batter will be quite thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it out so that it is even in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Make sure not to overcook the brownies so they don’t dry out.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. Cut them into 9 squares and … try not to eat them all at once!