Curry Grilled Carrots can easily be made on your indoor grill and enjoyed all year round. The grilled carrots are tossed in a creamy, yogurt-based tandoori sauce and topped with raisins and almonds. They’re an easy to make and DELICIOUS side dish!
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each: coriander and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each: cumin, fennel, turmeric, garam masala or curry powder, chili powder, salt
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 – 1-inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 lb. carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix all the tandoori sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the carrots so they are about 2 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch thick. Toss the carrots with the tandoori sauce.
- Spray or brush the grill plates with oil. Working in 3 batches, grill the carrots for 10 minutes.
- Place the grilled carrots in a medium-sized bowl, add the tandoori sauce, honey, almonds, raisins, cilantro, and sea salt and mix well.