Curry Grilled Carrots with Yogurt Sauce
Curry Grilled Carrots can easily be made on your indoor grill and enjoyed all year round. The grilled carrots are tossed in a creamy, yogurt-based tandoori sauce and topped with raisins and almonds. They're an easy to make and DELICIOUS side dish!
Just because it's fall that doesn't mean we have to give up our favorite grilled recipes. But if you don't want to pull on your rainboots and hold an umbrella while you stand over your BBQ, you might want to bring the grilling indoors.
I've made these curry grilled carrots on my new Livenza Compact All Day Grill. While standing in my kitchen. Nice and toasty warm. While the rain poured outside.
All the curry grilled carrots all the time
- Sweet carrots with just the right amount of carrot crunch left in them.
- Pretty and tasty smoky grill marks that firmly belong in this chilly season.
- Creamy yogurt dressing with all the warm curry flavors.
- Crunchy almonds.
- Sweet raisins.
- Bring it on!
Just look at those grill marks! They're seriously so full of smoky flavor. And so easy to make with your Livenza Compact All Day Grill. Pop your carrots on the grill, close the lid, and when you open the lid 10 minutes later … Voila! Perfect grill marks.
These grilled carrots are one of my fav side dishes. Toss them in a tandoori yogurt sauce, some crunchy almonds, and sweet raisins and magic happens.
Think carrot salad/ side dish/ bbq. This grilled carrots recipe has it all.
To make these all winter long, head over to Amazon to order your very own Livenza Compact All Day Grill. Trust me, you'll be happy you did.
The creamy tandoori sauce is one of my fav Indian curry recipes. I've used it before in the Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower recipe. ← making a mental note to make that recipe on my new grill! Seriously, being able to “fire up the grill” while standing in my warm, cozy, and dry kitchen is just so awesome.
The DIY tandoori recipe is super easy to make. It's one that you should really keep in your back pocket for any time you want to add curry flavor to meat or veggies.
Mix some pantry staple curry spices with thick yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger and voila, you've made your tandoori paste.
Use it to marinate chicken or fish. Brush it on grilled veggies. Or make a salad dressing/ sauce for your grilled carrots. You'll be happy you did.
What to serve with your curry grilled carrots:
- Sesame Ginger Chicken
- Quick and Easy Honey Lemon Chicken
- Easy Butter Chicken
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Garlic Maple Glaze
- Slow Baked Chili Salmon
- Ginger Miso Salmon Steaks
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Side Dish Grill Recipes:
- Grilled Maple Dijon Carrots
- Chunky Grilled Guacamole
- Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Grilled Broccoli Caesar Salad
- Grilled Mini Peppers with Minty Tzatziki
Curry Grilled Carrots with Tandoori Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon each: coriander and paprika
- ¼ teaspoon each: cumin, fennel, turmeric, garam masala or curry powder, chili powder, salt
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 lb. carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Mix all the tandoori sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.½ cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon each: coriander and paprika, ¼ teaspoon each: cumin, fennel, turmeric, garam masala or curry powder, chili powder, salt, 2 cloves garlic, 1 inch piece of ginger, Juice of ½ lemon
- Cut the carrots so they are about 2 ½ inches long and ¾ inch thick. Toss the carrots with the tandoori sauce.1 lb. carrots
- Spray or brush the grill plates with oil. Working in batches if needed, grill the carrots for 10 minutes. (Save the sauce)
- Place the grilled carrots back into the tandoori sauce bowl and add the honey, almonds, raisins, cilantro, and sea salt and mix well.2 tablespoons honey, ¼ cup slivered almonds, ¼ cup raisins, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, ¼ teaspoon sea salt