These Crockpot Pork Tacos are crazy delicious and super easy to make. They’re served with a simple carrot slaw and some Sriracha yogurt. YUM!
- Crock Pot Pork Carnitas 1/2 recipe
For the slaw:
- 1 carrot, grated or julienned with a mandolin
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- A pinch of cumin and sea salt
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1–2 tablespoons hot sauce
For the guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas (homemade, if you’re feeling extra crafty)
- Limes, jalapenos, fresh cracked pepper
- Begin my making the Crock Pot Pork Carnitas. You can either make the full recipe and have leftovers or freeze some for later, or you can make half the recipe to use for the tacos.
- When the carnitas are about a half hour away from being ready, prepare the rest of the meal. Place all the ingredients for the carrot slaw in a medium-sized bowl and toss so that everything is evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the guacamole ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix together so that it is combined but still a little chunky.
- When the carnitas are ready, serve them on the corn tortillas with a little slaw, guacamole and the sauce on top.