This crazy delicious Turkey Bolognese is made in your crock pot with leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. You will LOVE it!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 carrot minced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine or water
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded turkey
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Your choice of pasta (I love this on zucchini noodles)
- Chopped basil
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and brown, about 8 minutes. Add the bell pepper and carrot and continue to cook until both are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the tomato paste to the pan and let it cook until it starts to caramelize, about 3 minutes. Pour the red wine or water into the pan and scrape the bottom to remove any bits that are stuck on.
- Pour everything from the pan into your crock pot, add the crushed tomatoes, shredded turkey, honey and oregano and stir everything together. Set your crockpot to cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. When the turkey Bolognese is ready, season it to taste with sea salt.
- Serve on your choice of pasta or zucchini noodles and top with basil and, if you’re using, a little freshly grated parmesan.