This delicious Crockpot Coconut Lentil Curry is a slow cooker version of the most popular recipe on the blog. Throw everything into your pot, set the timer, and come home to a tasty vegetarian (and vegan!) dinner. You will LOVE it!
- 1 ½ cups dried brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin, coriander, turmeric
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic, chopped
- ½ an onion, finely minced
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 2–3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- Optional: cooked rice for serving
- Add the dried brown lentils, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, if using the cayenne, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and 3 cups of water in your crockpot. Put the lid on and set the timer for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Stir the coconut milk, 2 teaspoons of sea salt, cilantro and cherry tomatoes into the curry. Taste and add extra salt to taste.
- Serve on its own or over a bed of rice.