These super easy to make Crock Pot Chicken Taco Boats are perfect for a healthy Mexican fiesta. The shredded chicken is smothered in a delicious chipotle, orange, and pineapple sauce and heaped inside crunchy lettuce wraps.
- 1 cup minced pineapple
- Juice from 2 large oranges, about 1/2 cup
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2–4 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, depending on how spicy you like it (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- Crispy lettuce – living butter lettuce works the best
- Sliced avocado
- Pineapple chunks
- In the bowl of your crock pot, mix the pineapple, orange juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, and Dijon mustard. Add the chicken breasts and set your crock pot to high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Pile the shredded chicken into the lettuce boats and top with sliced avocado, pineapple, and cilantro. I think it’s best to let everyone make their own taco boats.
When I buy chipotle peppers, I pour them into a blender with the adobo sauce and puree them. They’ll keep a long time in your fridge in a clean container.