These easy to make Crispy Eggplant Fries are insanely delicious. They are coated in panko and parmesan and oven baked till crisp. They’re perfect as a simple, family-friendly side dish recipe or game day appetizer. You’d NEVER guess that they are made with eggplants!
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into (1/2-inch) strips
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Small squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt
- Set an oven rack in the top third of your oven. Preheat the oven to the highest temperature. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil.
- Stir the chipotle aioli ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, oregano, and garlic salt in a medium-sized bowl. In another bowl, whisk the two eggs with a small splash of water.
- Dredge the eggplant strips first in the egg then in the breadcrumb mixture. (Using 1 hand for the egg and the other for the breadcrumbs makes this a lot less messy) Place the eggplants on the oiled baking sheet and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place the eggplants in the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Turn the eggplant fries over and broil for another 4-5 minutes, or until they are crispy and brown. Keep a close eye on them if your oven broils at more that 500 degrees.
- Serve with some chipotle aioli on the side for dipping.