This Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo is creamy and full of flavor. If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy and easy to make weeknight meal, look no further.
- 1 recipe Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili flakes and parsley, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon butter (Earth Balance makes a good vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup panko (or sub gluten free breadcrumbs, if needed)
- 1/4 cup crispy fried onions (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut each spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Pour the oil over the insides and spread it around with your fingers. Place on the prepared baking sheet flesh side down and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash strands loosen easily with a fork. While the squash is roasting, prepare the Dreamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the panko and stir until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the crispy onions.
- When the squash is soft, remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Carefully (they will be hot!) use a fork to loosen the strands of spaghetti. Pour the alfredo evenly over each spaghetti squash half then top with the topping.
- Place the spaghetti squash alfredo boats back into the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a few crushed chili flakes and a little parsley and serve immediately.
You can find crispy fried onions in bags at major grocery stores. I always like to keep some around as they’re delicious in salads. If you can’t find any you can fry some onions yourself. Make sure to slice them very thin as they will crisp better this way.