This creamy tomato pasta is easy to make and super delicious. The flavorful sauce is made with fire-roasted tomatoes and just enough cream to make it silky and luxurious. It’s the best 15-minute pasta recipe around!
- 8 ounces dried pasta (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 14-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- A pinch of chili flakes (if you like it a little spicy)
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves (can use baby spinach)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain then toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
- While the pasta water is heating, begin the sauce. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high then add the can of tomatoes, milk, cream, Italian seasoning, and if using, the chili flakes to the pan and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and the basil leaves to the pan and toss to coat in the creamy tomato sauce.
The pasta pictured is cavatappi.