This delicious Creamy Kale Salad is tossed with a maple tahini dressing and dotted with apples, sprouts, almonds, and sesame seeds. It’s an easy to make side dish recipe that is naturally vegan + gluten-free and can easily be made paleo.
For the maple tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons each: maple syrup, and miso (omit miso for paleo)
- 1 small garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- A pinch of cayenne
- 3–4 tablespoons hot tap water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the kale salad:
- 6 cups kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- A few small handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the tahini, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, miso, garlic, and cayenne. Add 3-4 tablespoons of hot water, to thin. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.