Creamy Coconut Peanut Noodles are the ultimate comfort food. They’re also a super easy to make and healthy Meatless Monday (and vegan!) dinner recipe.
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey (sub maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice, from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on a Microplane or finely minced
For the noodles:
- 1 lb. soba noodles (see notes)
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 small handfuls of bean sprouts
- Cilantro, sesame seeds, and lime wedges, to serve
- Place a large pot of water on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the edamame during the last minute of cooking then drain the noodles and edamame at the same time. Rinse the noodles and edamame under hot running water then place them back in the pot.
- While the water is heating, prepare the rest of the meal. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce along with 1 cup of water in a medium-sized bowl and stir together.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more. Turn the heat to high and add the bell peppers and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they just barely start to soften. Add the snap peas and bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sauce to the veggies and stir through. Pour the veggies over the noodles and, using tongs, toss the two together. Serve immediately with a little cilantro and sesame seeds on top and lime on the side.
I’ve placed this recipe in the gluten-free category even though it can be difficult to find gluten-free soba noodles. Read the label carefully if eating gluten-free is important to you, or substitute gluten-free vermicelli or some rice noodles.