Creamy Coconut Shrimp has a bright lime flavor and is absolutely delicious. It’s a healthy dinner recipe that will be on your plate in only 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon each: minced garlic and minced ginger
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes (a generous 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon each: sriracha and soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed. Sub coco aminos for paleo)
- 1 lb. peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, sriracha, and soy sauce to the pan and bring it to a boil. Let it boil, stirring several times, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat so the sauce is simmering gently.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
I like to serve this over coconut cauliflower rice for a complete meal. While the sauce is thickening, cook some riced cauliflower in a little coconut oil.
Or put on a pot of regular rice before you start cooking the shrimp.