Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry is an easy to make and healthy weeknight curry dinner recipe. It takes only 30 minutes to make and leftovers for lunch will put a big smile on your face. It’s sugar-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 head of garlic, chopped (10–12 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon each: ground cumin, coriander, and turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder, optional
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it softens, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and, if using, the cayenne and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, crushed tomatoes, and sea salt to the pan and stir well. Bring to a simmer then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes, carefully removing the lid (the curry will splatter!) to stir a few times.
- Once the chicken pieces are cooked, stir in the coconut milk, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro. Season to taste with more salt, as needed.