This Creamy Chicken Mushroom recipe is a healthy and flavorful dinner that is ready in only 30 minutes. Made with garlic chicken thighs and a delicious mushroom sauce that’s made creamy with healthy cashew butter. Spoon the sauce over mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower for a complete meal.
✨ If you love this creamy mushroom chicken recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
- 1 teaspoon each: paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder
- ½ teaspoon each: Italian seasoning and salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Minced parsley, to garnish
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt in a small bowl then sprinkle the spices over the chicken.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast iron (or other heavy bottomed) pan. Add the chicken and let it cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and let them cooked until they are nicely browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix the cashew butter with 1 ¼ cups of water then pour it into the pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck on bits then bring it to a boil. Let the sauce thicken then season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and let it warm for a couple of minutes. Serve the creamy mushroom chicken with a little parsley sprinkled over top.