This Creamy Cauliflower Hummus recipe is made without chickpeas yet tastes almost exactly the same as authentic hummus. It’s a low-carb, paleo hummus recipe you can fall in love with.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Optional toppings: a few roasted cauliflower florets, olive oil, cumin, sumac, sesame seeds, and parsley
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and place them on the baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, or until soft and starting to brown in a few places.
- Reserve a few small pieces of the roasted cauliflower to garnish then place the rest of the cauliflower, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tahini, sea salt, cumin, garlic and lemon juice to your food processor or high-powered blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Allow the cauliflower hummus to cool then serve with any or all of the optional toppings.