These Pesto Zucchini Noodles are covered in a delicious nut and dairy-free avocado pesto. It’s the perfect quick, easy and healthy weeknight meal.
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into noodles with a spiralizer (this is the one that I have) or julienne peeler
- 2 cups spinach
For the avocado pesto:
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup spinach, divided
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water, olive oil or a combination (see notes)
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes, or until they are soft, and a few have burst.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, place a colander in your sink and put a pot of lightly salted water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Once it begins to boil, drop the zucchini noodles in, wait 30 seconds then drop in the 2 cups of spinach and stir the pot. Immediately pour the noodles and spinach into the colander and let it drain well.
- Combine all the pesto ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour the pesto over the well-drained zucchini noodles and toss to coat. Season to taste with sea salt (I like about one teaspoon).
- Serve the zucchini noodles with the burst tomatoes and a few sunflower seeds over top.