Creamsicle Orange Sherbet is my favorite orange sherbet recipe. It’s made with fresh orange juice and buttermilk, which gives it a creamsicle-like flavor. This refined sugar-free ice cream is sweetened with honey so you can feel good about eating it. Go ahead, have another scoop!
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large navel oranges, zest and juice (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water (optional, see notes)
- In a large bowl, whisk the water, honey, orange zest, and orange juice until the honey has completely dissolved.
- Add the buttermilk and, if using, the orange blossom water, and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and place it in your fridge until it is cold.
- Process it in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
No Churn Method
Pour the cold ice cream into a shallow dish and put it into your freezer. After 1 hour, remove the dish and scrape the ice cream with a fork and mix it around. Continue letting it freeze for an hour then scraping and mixing it two more times.
Note: prep time does not include the time it takes to freeze the ice cream.
You’ll find orange blossom water sold for a couple of dollars in most grocery stores. It’s also available on Amazon here, although it’s a little more expensive than in a store. The ice cream is delicious without it, but adding it really brings out the creamsicle flavor.