Cranberry meatballs are a festive holiday appetizer that everyone loves. The soft meatballs are first baked (easy!) then put into your crockpot with a simple sauce made with fresh cranberries. They’re so delicious that we make them year-round!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each: pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger powder
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen and thawed cranberries
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Using a tablespoon, scoop the meat into 50 portions. Roll them into balls and place them on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the meatballs are cooking, place the cranberry sauce ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth.
Slow Cooker Method
- Place the cooked meatballs into your crockpot and pour the cranberry sauce over the top. Let them cook for 2-3 hours on high or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Place the cooked meatballs into a large pot and pour the cranberry sauce over the top. Cook them over medium heat until heated through.
To save time, you can use cooked frozen meatballs. Thaw them first before adding them to your pot or slow cooker.