Spiced Cranberry Hot Toddy Recipe
This delicious Cranberry Hot Toddy recipe is lightly spiced with winter spices like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and orange. If you like mulled wine, you will LOVE this toddy recipe.
It's cocktail time! And since the leaves are turning color and the temperature is dropping, I thought this spiced cranberry hot toddy would be the perfect thing to warm us up.
This easy hot toddy recipe starts by simmering cranberry juice with wintery spices like cinnamon, cloves, and orange. Then add some bourbon, sit back, put your feet up, and sip your tasty hot toddy.
Why you'll love this spiced cranberry hot toddy
- Warm, cozy spices.
- Cinnamon laced sugared rim. ← this is as good as it sounds.
- Healthy cranberry juice and no refined sugar puts this firmly in the healthy drink category. Please tell me you think the same.
- Bourbon. Cause bourbon really is the best.
- But if you don't think so, swap some spiced rum, whiskey, or even vodka.
- It's super easy to make. If you can put some spices and cranberry juice into a pot then you can make this.
- Bonus: as the cranberry juice and spices simmer, your house will smell AMAZING.
How to make a hot toddy
A basic hot toddy recipe is nothing more than whiskey, honey, lemon juice, and hot water. With respect tradition, we think this spiced cranberry hot toddy is much better.
The wintery spices make this version perfect for this chilly season. And since it's almost as easy to make as the original, there's no reason not to treat yourself.
- Add the cranberry juice and spices to a pot.
- Simmer simmer simmer.
- Sweeten with some maple syrup.
- Pour some bourbon into a glass and top with the spiced cranberry juice.
If you want to get fancy, mix a little sugar with some cinnamon and rim your glass before you pour in your cranberry hot toddy.
How to make cranberry hot toddies for a crowd
This cranberry hot toddy recipe makes 32 small (2-ounce) drinks which makes it perfect for a party. Here's how to do it:
- Make the spiced cranberry juice then strain it.
- Add the bourbon to the pot. Pop in a couple of orange slices to pretty it up.
- Put a ladle in the pot and let your guests serve themselves.
PS. If you love cranberry cocktails, make sure to check out our Christmas Cranberry Margarita!
Our favorite savory cranberry recipes:
- Orange Cranberry Roast Chicken
- Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Lemon Whipped Ricotta with Cranberry Honey
Our favorite sweet cranberry recipes:
- Cranberry White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
- Baked Cranberry Vegan French Toast with Cranberry Syrup
- Healthy Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Pistachio, White Chocolate, and Cranberry Granola
- Cranberry White Chocolate Butter Cookies
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Delicious Warm Winter Drinks:
- Super Creamy Almond Butter Latte
- Spicy Aztec Hot Chocolate
- Delicious Mulled Wine
- Magic Turmeric Tea
- Creamy Nutella Latte
Spiced Cranberry Hot Toddy Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 mandarin orange, sliced
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 5 star anise
- ½ – 1 cup maple syrup, more, to taste
- 2-4 cups of bourbon, depending how strong you like your cocktails
- Pour the cranberry juice into a medium-sized pot. Add the mandarin orange slices, cinnamon sticks, ginger, peppercorns, cloves, and star anise and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Strain the juice to remove the spices.4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice, 1 mandarin orange, 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks, 2 inch piece of ginger, 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 teaspoon whole cloves, 5 star anise
- Add a ½ cup of maple syrup to the pot. Taste and add more maple syrup, to taste.
- Pour 1 ounce of bourbon into your glass and top with 1 ounce of the spiced cranberry juice.2-4 cups of bourbon
My new go-to holiday Toddy. I made it as a Mock Toddy (no alcohol) and it was a hit with family on Christmas night. I can imagine adding the booze would be amazing too. Thinking of making it with just the cranberry, orange, ginger and pink peppercorns to use as a cold wine substitute. WONDERFUL! So happy I found this recipe!
I love all things cranberries all year round, and especially during the holidays! So it was fun to try this.
Having made it 2x I would suggest using less cranberry concentrate – it was so strong! Even with using the full amount of maple syrup suggested. I added more orange juice and a some more water. That helped, so whatever way to lessen the cranberry concentrate. Of course, one could add more maple syrup, too.Fun, festive, creative drink! Thank you for offering the idea!!
The perfect warm drink. Will make it again this winter for sure!