Cranberry Coconut Macaroons are soft and delicious Christmas cookies. They’re perfectly sweet and have just the right hint of tartness from the cranberries. A drizzle of chocolate makes them extra special. No one will guess they are healthy cookies!
| paleo + gluten-free + easily vegan |
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries (juice sweetened for paleo)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut, cranberries, coconut oil, and honey or maple syrup to your food processor and pulse until it starts to stick together.
- Scoop a generous tablespoonful, form into a cookie shape, then place the cookie on the baking sheet. Make 16 cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes then cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave then drizzle a little over the cookies.
Only use maple syrup if you don’t eat honey. Maple syrup works but makes the cookies much more delicate.