Cooking Up an Income: February Profits
I've got some exciting news for this month's income report. There's been a big jump in both the number of visitors to The Endless Meal and to the income. I've been doing my best to put out 2 blog posts every week and it has clearly been paying off. So here we go …
Here are the numbers for February:
- Google Adsense: $205.11
- Infolinks: $36.30
- Ligit: $16.29
- Other blog related income: $74.50
Total Blog Income: $332.20
Here's what Google Analytics has to say:
- 57,018 people visited The Endless Meal in February
- 1,524 of those people came by to look at the Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 55.99% of all referral traffic came from Pinterest (Whoa, that's a lot!)
The best things that people searched for to get to The Endless Meal:
- Mini lettuce looking things – They found these Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Little things in asian salad – Not sure what little things they were looking for in this Asian Salad Recipe
- kiss ass guacamole – Yep, I have to agree that this Aji Guacamole is pretty kiss ass!
- Is it good to have cucumber for breakfast – I think so. Especially in a Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Breakfast Salad
I wanted to share with you a plugin that I installed the end of January and that I absolutely LOVE. See those capital letters? Yep, that's how much I love it. It's called Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox and it's rockin' my Facebook page world. In the 5 weeks since I have installed it, The Endless Meal page has received 532 new likes. Whoa! That's crazy, right? I think so.
If this is your first time to this site, or if it's been more than 10 days since your last visit, you would have noticed a little box that popped up as the page was loading. It would have looked like this:
I have to be honest with you, I was a little hesitant about installing it. I don't typically like pop ups when I visit websites. (I actually find them quite a bit annoying.) My plan was to do a 1 week trial and then immediately get rid of it. Obviously, I had some very high hopes for this test run!
But I'm keeping it. With its help, The Endless Meal has been averaging about 15 new likes every day. Every. Single. Day.
If I haven't convinced you to install it yet, here are the number of people who came to The Endless Meal from Facebook in January and (when I stalled it) in February:
- January 370
- February 1,117
And the past week and a half of March has seen almost as many people come from Facebook as all of February.
If you want to try it out on your own website ( I know you do!) here is a great little video about how to install Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox
That's it for February's Cooking Up an Income Report. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them!