Triple Chocolate Oatmeal is a super decadent yet totally healthy breakfast. It’s made with coconut milk and topped with easy to make chia and nut clusters.
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate
- Optional extra toppings: shaved dark chocolate, cacao nibs, coconut milk, coconut, honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar, frozen or fresh blueberries, rose petals
Chia power crunch clusters
- Place the rolled oats, coconut milk, shredded coconut and cocoa powder in a small pot over high heat. Add 2 1/2 cups of water (see notes) cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so that the oatmeal simmers for 15 minutes, or until it has thickened and the oats are soft. Stir in the dark chocolate.
- While the oatmeal is simmering, prepare the power crunch clusters. Place all the topping ingredients to a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast for 2 minutes, or until the coconut starts to brown and the quinoa starts to pop. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Serve the coconut chocolate oatmeal topped with the power crunch clusters, and any or all of the extra toppings.
If you like a thinner oatmeal (like I do!) you’ll want to add a little extra water. If you’re not sure, you can add more water at the end till it is as thick or thin as you like.