Don’t be fooled by these Paleo Breakfast Muffins. Even though they’re grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, they are 100% delicious. And you definitely don’t have to be paleo to fall in love with these babies. If you love a good breakfast muffin, you will love these.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour (almond meal)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground allspice, ginger, cloves, and sea salt
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup each: chopped toasted walnuts, raisins, and paleo chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Melt the coconut oil in a small pan over medium heat. Note: if your walnuts are not already toasted, pop them in your oven and toast them while your oven is heating up.
- In a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil, mashed bananas, eggs, almond flour, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, ginger, cloves, and sea salt and beat with an electric beater until combined. Stir in the coconut, walnuts, raisins and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cupcake liner to the very top. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the tin then transfer them to a cooling sheet to finish cooling.