Step up your guac game with this DELICIOUS Chunky Grilled Guacamole. The subtly smoky flavor of the grilled veggies really kicks up this easy party appetizer.
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 3 large, ripe avocados
- Optional: 1/4 cup feta cheese (omit for vegan + Whole30)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Oil and preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Place the limes, shallots, jalapenño pepper, and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and toss with the oil. Place the limes on the grill cut side down. Toss the rest of the veggies on the grill. Remove the veggies when grill marks appear on ONE side. You want the smoky flavor but you don’t want them to be completely cooked. When the shallots, pepper, and tomatoes are cool enough to touch, roughly chop them.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze the grilled limes into the bowl and add the chopped veggies and, if you’re using, the feta cheese. Using a fork, mash the avocados and mix in the veggies. Taste the guacamole and season to taste with sea salt.