This is our favorite Christmas salad. It’s made with fresh, chopped herbs, toasted walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. It’s easy to make, stays fresh for hours, and the pretty green and red color looks great on your holiday table!
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsely, packed
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped mint, packed
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized salad bowl and toss to combine.
To toast the walnuts, place them on a baking sheet and put them into your oven for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees.
This salad keeps very well. If you want to make it ahead of time (Christmas dinner can get hectic!) omit the salt as it will cause the herbs to go limp. And save any leftovers as it’s nearly as good the next day.